GOVERNMENT MEDICAL AND DENTAL INSTITUTIONS OF THE PUNJAB SESSION
2017-18 The University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore invites applications from the eligible candidates for admissions to First Year, Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programmes in the following public sector medical and dental institutions of the Punjab:
(A) ADMISSION TEST (MDCAT 2017)
1. TEST DATE, TIME AND PLACE The University shall conduct an Admission Test (MDCAT 2017), on behalf of the Government of the Punjab, for admission to MBBS/BDS programme on Sunday, 20th August, 2017. The test shall start at 09:00 A.M. sharp. It will be simultaneously arranged in the following cities: Bahawalpur , Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and D.G. Khan. Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Sargodha and Sialkot Rawalpindi and Hasan Abdal
2. WHO CAN APPLY It is Mandatory for Punjab-domiciled candidates to appear in MDCAT for admission to any Public or Private Sector Medical/Dental Institution of the Province. The candidates having domicile of any district of Punjab, Islamabad (ICT), Gilgit-Baltistan and Foreign Nationals can appear in MDCAT. As per the regulations of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC), a candidate must have passed Intermediate Pre-Medical Group or Equivalent Examination with at-least 60 per cent (660/1100) marks. However, those awaiting result can also apply. Mere appearance in MDCAT does not confer the right to apply for or get admission to any medical/dental institution.
3. HOW TO APPLY The MDCAT 2017 applications shall be filled online. The candidate needs not to go anywhere to get the application form. Just login at www.bankislami.com.pk/UHSMDCAT2017. On clicking the “Register” button, a simple Application Form will appear which the candidate is required to fill. After filling his/her particulars, the candidate will be asked to upload his/her latest colour photograph (not more than 2MB file). After this the candidate can “Submit” his/her application by clicking the „Submit‟ button. It must be noted that the candidate cannot edit his/her application once it has been submitted. On a single CNIC/B-Form Number, only one application Upon successful submission of application, the candidate will be assigned a “Unique Application Serial Number”. He/she should note that number as it will be used in future for accessing the submitted application and the Admittance Card issued by the University. The candidate should get a print of the filled application form by clicking “Download & Print” button. If the facility of printing is not available at that time, the candidate can access his/her application any other time by clicking “Search Registration” button. The candisate or his/her nominee is required to visit alongwith his/her printed application, the nearest branch of BankIslami (Pvt) Ltd, for fee submission. On submission of Rs.500/- (in cash) as MDCAT 2017 fee, the concerned bank officer shall stamp the application form and return the “Candidate‟s Copy” of the form to the candidate. No document (e.g., result cards, domicile, etc.) is required with the application. After fee submission, the candidate shall be communicated his/her Roll Number and Examination Centre via SMS and E-mail Alerts at his/her mobile number and E-mail address within 72 hours. The Admittance Card of the candidate with his/her photograph and unique QR Code shall be sent on his/her E-mail address as an attachment. The candidate can also download his/her Admittance Card on clicking “Search Admittance Card” on the weblink www.bankislami.com.pk/UHSMDCAT2017 after entering his/her “Unique Application Serial Number”.
4. CHOICE OF THE CENTRE The candidate can select any of the 13 cities given above as his/her test centre. The candidates are advised for their own convenience to choose a city nearest to their residence.
5. SCHEDULE OF MDCAT 2017 REGISTRATION The candidates can register online for MDCAT from 10th July to 28th July, 2017. The registration will be closed after 04:00 pm on 28th July, 2017. For submission of application form and fee for MDCAT-2017, the collection services shall be available at the counters of BankIslami (Pvt) Ltd branches all over Pakistan from 10th July to 28th July, 2017 (excluding Saturdays and Sundays), 09:00 am to 04:00 pm.